Our Client is looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to join our small but dedicated existing development team.
They are based in the UK and are one of the UK’s leading independent insurance brokers. Their success on-line means we now create websites and other digital projects and a new member of the team will assist us in creating the next generation of websites and technologies which will ultimately assist the business in achieving successful future developments and advancements.
They are looking for someone with a minimum of 4 years corporate experience interfacing with a .Net backend framework. You must be keen, passionate and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment. The role would suit someone with good web design and a desire to keep up with all new trends and web practices. Teamwork is essential as you will work with our existing developers on ongoing internal projects, but you will be encouraged to present new ideas and fresh thinking.
Duties and Expectations
As a Frontend Web Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. Our Frontend Web Developer is generally expected to:
- Be able to interface with our .Net back end framework
- Develop functional and appealing web applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Create quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers in coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies including mobile and tablet devices
- Promote usability best practices
As a Frontend Web Developer, you’ll also be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Lead Developer, IT Manager and Marketing Manager
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your market’s developments
Professional Experience and Skills
- Understanding of layout aesthetics and a rigor for programming
- Having in-depth knowledge of web technologies gained from research and professional experience
- Be able to effectively communicate with the creative team and clients
- Having ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends
- Passionate about best practices and design principles in software development
- Experience with Umbraco is a plus
- Proficiency in GIT using git-flow
Required Work Experience
A minimum of 4 years corporate experience interfacing with a .Net back end framework is a prerequisite. You will need to prove your technical strengths and capability and demonstrable experience: the types of project size you’ve worked on, your knowledge and your ability to deliver a project.
- Working hour: 40 hours per week
- Language: English
- Annual leaves: 22 days plus public holidays as per Vietnamese Labour Code
- Salary: up to $2000 gross per month
- Other benefits: as per Vietnamese Labour Code
- Travelling: Opportunity to visit London office on work experience