Head of Product and Technology
The Client is looking for a Head of Product and Technology to oversee all technical aspects of the company. The Head of Product and Technology will be responsible for keeping the organization future-focused and clear about leveraging, institutionalizing, and continuously improving its core capabilities, thus ensuring the company maintains long-term innovation operations at a very high level.
The Head of Product and Technology assumes responsibility for leading the development of new profitable growth platforms that leverage opportunities emerging from the intersection of demographic and environmental trends, company capabilities, and unmet customer needs. The Head of Product and Technology will identify and implement various technology solutions within the organization and maintain and ensure high availability of the existing infrastructure and systems.
- Recruit, retain and develop a world class team committed to building a great product.
- Implement an effective organizational structure that balances scalability, accountability and quality with product velocity and innovation,
- Continually optimize and adjust the team for the most effective roles,
- Maintain technology roadmaps and continually assess the build vs. buy vs. partner options,
- Work closely with the product leadership team to align technology strategy with internal and customer expectations,
- Balance adopting new technologies and methods with proven and established methods of development to innovate when there is a return on investment,
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements, align on priorities, and report progress,
- Manage the data teams efforts, including: predictive data (ML, deep learning), experimentation, and analytics/data warehousing (reports, dashboards, metrics ETL/Pipeline)
- Manage trade-offs, and prioritization based on time, cost, & quality,
- Manage the selection and interdependencies of programming languages, frameworks operating systems, internet-cloud, web-application servers, databases, and mobile,
- Provide thought leadership on complex technology needs and provide guidance macro trends (e.g. new methods of machine learning)
- Developing plan and a vision for the technology side of the business
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as medical, marketing and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation
- Personal traits
- Very good written communication skills,
- Leads by example,
- Responsible and has a very professional conduct,
- Takes full ownership and accountability
- Operates in a “no excuse” mindset,
- Believes in self improvement
- Is resilient and battle tested
- Can take criticism in the form of input and uses it to self improve,
- Is able to work under pressure
- Keeps his/her commitments,
- Is punctual, reliable and predictable, in all things.
- Is okay with making mistakes and knows how to move on from them,
- Operates in a state of truth and honesty at all times,
- Technical traits
- Ability to own and manage multiple concurrent projects, including presenting and negotiating with stakeholders on the interdependencies and possibilities of what can be delivered on schedule,
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning.
- Experience building services or applications where performance is an important consideration
- Experience with performance tuning, reliability, redundancy and fault-tolerant architectures
- Understanding and experience of building highly scalable, highly available systems
- Solid understanding and experience in the Agile methodology, hands on management of Agile, iterative development spanning specification, prototyping, architecture, QA and support,
- Experience working with industry standard testing and code quality frameworks,
- Understanding of security implications to all features,
- Solid understanding of the project lifecycle processes including: initiation, requirements gathering analysis and design, development tools and, technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies continuous integration/delivery, and deployment management,
- Proven ability and willingness to “Ride the Elevator” between strategic and dirty- hands tactical; must be hands-on and lead the team by example.
- Proven ability to participate in and influence outcomes with C-level team.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me to get more information. Thanks