Principal/Staff Software Engineer
You are a talented software engineer who can solve complex architectural and engineering problems. You have a passion for AI and Machine Learning and excel at applying new technology to existing spaces. You are also detail-oriented, looking at problems from different directions to deliver the best technical solutions. As a Staff Engineer you have no problem training and mentoring junior and mid-career engineers into their next career stage.
Your mission: Leverage advanced technology, AI, and computer vision to change the way policing is done.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, AI, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- You have a track record of building and deploying complex software
- You can adapt to different programming languages and technologies.
- You have made tough technical decisions based on requirements, trade-offs, and user experience.
- You enjoy mentoring and growing Junior Engineers
- You are comfortable with a lot of autonomy.
- Background in Data Science, AI, or distributed systems is a plus
Core Technologies Used
- Golang with GraphQL powered backend
- Tensorflow and Caffe2 AI frameworks
- High performance messaging using Protobuf
Compensations and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top researchers and engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired