As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will establish a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software, can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably. However, our engineers will also have opportunities to switch streams and projects as the team and business evolve. Hence, we require our engineers to be versatile and eager to broaden the scope of problems that they tackle.
- As part of the DevOps team, you will advise the organization as to which technology stacks/cloud/ data solutions to use
- Ensure that systems are always available, fast and highly scalable to accommodate unprecedented demand.
- Manage and monitor a multi-datacenter regional environment
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue-green deployments
- Collaborate with product engineers to enhance core platforms
- Maintain tools for configuration management, build, continuous integration and deployment, reporting, monitoring, etc.
- Strive towards making the systems highly secure
- Explore new and creative DevOps approaches to ensure production stability and high availability
- Work closely with various other teams to improve operations, functionalities, and efficiency
- Live the start-up spirit
- Extensive experience working with AWS
- Extensive experience in Unix or GNU/Linux system administration
- Expertise with one or more of Python, Bash, Perl, Golang
- Expertise in Chef/Ansible
- Expertise in CI/CD tools like Jenkins/TravisCI/CircleCI
- Experience with Linux administration tools
- Experience with debugging tools like memstat, tcpdump, netstat, iostat, etc.,
- Some experience with Docker, k8s, terraform, the more the better
- Demonstrated ability to look forward and anticipate problems and needs
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience