Senior WordPress Developer
You’ll be based in our attractive, architect-designed offices in head office in London. We would also consider the possibility of a candidate being based from home up to 3 days per week, provided there is sufficient flexibility to attend meetings in our offices when required. As a developer, you’ll working closely with colleagues in IT and marketing as well as having regular contact with our offshore development team in Vietnam.
As an experienced Development Lead, you will be working on number of exciting projects developed using PHP/Yii and Angular as well as working and managing our website built in WordPress CMS. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins.
Reporting to the Head of Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Working closely with Development Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
Essential skills and experience
- A strong understanding of the latest industry trends and content management systems.
- Considerable experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Some experience working as Development Lead, Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Technical Architect. Solution Architect or Development Manager
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks like Yii, Laravel, etc.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of working with the RESTful APIs
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Ability to work using Agile methodologies.
- Experience of working on a microservice based architecture
- Working on a cloud based hosting platform like AWS
- Experience with project/bug management tools like Jira
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical requirements to all levels of the business.
- Ability to think through problems and devise solutions that benefit the company in the long-term.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and independent worker.
- Formal and methodical approach to development and writing code.
- This role suit someone working as or looking to move in to a role as Development Lead, Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Technical Architect. Solution Architect or Development Manager