Software Engineer – DBA
The Software Engineer (SE) is responsible to write software programs from design specifications; plans, execute and document unit tests; report status and issues; document detailed designs; accountable for unit test leakage.
– To develop software program with limited support from senior engineers.
– To write program in compliance with established coding quality standard of the company
– To run through all the test cases for assigned tasks and ensure all cases tested and passed before release for testing
– To self-train on new technologies
– To implement strictly all the customer’s process if being requested, company’s processes and systems complied with CMMi standard
– University degree in Computer Sciences, or equivalent
– 1+ year experience in DBA competence
– Understanding of database physical structure, database logical structure, database modelling, schema design, data warehouse, backup recovery, and database security.
– Familiar with at least one of well-known RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, MySQL.
– Ability to write SQL code (stored procs, functions, triggers, indexing) and have knowledge of SQL tuning tips.
– Basic knowledge of Data migration, Data warehouse & Business Intelligence concept and database security principles.